Spaces with an open concept floor plan are generally designed with each room flowing into another. Though this can add charisma to the space, often there is not a designated entry way. Thankfully, it is super easy to create your own version of one! Here are a few ways to create an illusion of an entry way…
- Furniture placement: Position couches, chairs, etc. so that their backs face the front door.
- Add a table behind the sofa: This creates the illusion of an entry way while also providing an extra spot to drop keys, wallets, mail, shoes, etc.
- Chair benches under the sofa table: Chair benches provide optional seating, take up no additional space and are both functional and welcoming to guests
- Add an area rug or a floor mat that fits the space you have created
- An entry hutch or shallow bookcase helps to separate the main entryway from other rooms
- Decorate the outside of your door: This is a crafty way to warmly welcome guests’ right in- they won’t even notice the lack of an initial entry hall!
Southern New Hampshire and the city of Manchester are great places to live. Need an apartment? We can help you find your perfect place.
We have written the e-book on how to get an apartment! Down load for FREE!