Looking for a dog friendly walk in Manchester NH?
There are some great places around downtown Manchester where you can bring your dog for some fresh air and exercise. We have picked the select few that we believe are the perfect locations for you to take a dog friendly walk with your pup in Manchester.
Take a look at our six favorite Dog Friendly Walks in Manchester, NH
- Livingston Park: A beautiful shady wooded area with trails and a beautiful view. It is a favorite for runners, bikers, dogs and local families.
There is a walking trail around Dorrs Pond. It’s about a mile long and for the most part flat. There are even sections where there is a wooden boardwalk.
2. Stark Park: Enjoy this historic location by taking your dog for a walk on the park’s original cobblestone roadwork. The park also has clean grassy areas and wooden benches for everyone to use. It’s a great local place for live music events during the summer months.
3. Derryfield Park: A great park to enjoy a beautifully manicured field. Bring a packed lunch and a treat for your dog.
4. Riverwalk: Right in the heart of the city, Manchester’s Riverwalk offers a 2 mile, paved trail alongside the Merrimack River for you and your pet’s enjoyment! Walk downtown after your walk and sit outside for a bite to eat with your dog at one of these spots!
5. Rockingham Recreational Trail: This beautiful trail is one of 1600 rail-trails supported by Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that is working to create a nationwide network of trails! 26 miles full of different areas and things to see. A popular trail year-round.
6. South Manchester Recreational Trail: This trail is located just off South Willow Street. You can walk your dog and stop for shopping or an ice cream. The Redstone Apartments are adjacent to this trail which makes it popular with the residents there. While walking your pup, always be sure to have them leashed. It is also important to pack plenty of water and a bowl for your dog to drink from. And certainly have a few treats for your pup to reward them for good behavior.
Check out the fresh homemade dog treats from Finesse Pastries. And lastly, be a good example and pick up after your dog.
At Red Oak Apartment Homes we love your furry friends! Check out one of our apartments for you and your pets to live.