It is common for condensation to build up on the interior of your windows during the cold winter months. The common cause of this problem is when the temperature inside your apartment varies greatly from the temperature outside. Here are some tips to Prevent Condensation on Your Apartment Windows this Winter.
Make sure you increase air circulation in your apartment home to help keep condensation at a minimum:
- Arrange furniture so it does not block any windows
- Raise blinds 2" off your window sills and open blinds
- Regularly wipe window sills and around their edges, check any curtains regularly for moisture
- When condensation does occur, dry area immediately to prevent moisture build-up
- Shut off humidifiers in your apartment.
- Run the kitchen fan longer than you usually do to keep air moving.
- Air out your apartment for a few minutes each day. Air out the bathroom and kitchen as these are places where heat and moisture linger.
Check out more info about this topic from our friends at Apartment Therapy.
Southern New Hampshire and the city of Manchester are great places to live. Need an apartment? We can help you find your perfect place.
We have written the e-book on how to get an apartment! Down load for FREE!
We love saving our residents money. Sign up for our Quarterly Money Saving Tips Newsletter.