Take a peek at some of our Favorite Summer Salads that we think are share worthy. We all love to try and share really delicious food. We are always in search of the perfect salad for a potluck, a sweet dessert for a party or a main dish that our family and friends will talk about. Cooking for ourselves helps to save money too. We have complied a list of our favorite recipes on our Pinterest board too. Look for the board Favorite Recipes. Do you have a favorite dish that is share worthy? If so, please pin it to our board on Pinterest.
Here are our three tried and true summer salads…
Greek Tortellini Salad
The classic Greek Salad gets an update by adding cheese tortellini. This salad is great for picnics, parties, potlucks, and every day meals! Ingredients: 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half 1 large cucumber, chopped 1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped 1/2 red onion, chopped 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese For the Dressing: 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1 clove garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
- Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
Note-this salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Caprese Chopped Salad
Easy to make and so delicious.
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 packages of grape tomatoes (sliced each in half)
- 12 ounces Mozzarella Cheese balls (diced into pieces)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Toss all ingredients together and serve!
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 bunches fresh broccoli, heads only
2 bunches green onions, chopped
1 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar
Mix sauce and pour over other ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Enjoy!
Need a Great Apartment?
Red Oak Apartment Homes has many apartments that can be your perfect place to call home. Enjoy a summer picnic and a summer salad in your new apartment home.